Gaming Rabbit hole

The challenge in my SCA gaming are the rabbit holes. I am down 2 right now.
 
I just received the 50 Tagus nuts I ordered so that I can carve a chess set from nut Ivory.

At the same time, I am working on the rules for Tafl I just received "Flora Lapponoca-Primary Source Edition by Carl von Linne'" anyone want to translate it. lol. thats ok there are a few translations out there, it seems they are all based of the first translation which was wrong. and so the rules for tafl that we have been using are not quite correct and I want the correct ones. This book is by a botanist it is his diary of his trip and he observed this game being played by locals. ___from wikki about Linne' a Swedish botanist, zoologist, and physician who formalized binomial nomenclature, the modern system of naming organisms. He is known as the "father of modern taxonomy”. Many of his writings were in Latin, and his name is rendered in Latin as Carolus Linnæus (after 1761 Carolus a Linné).

At the same time, I need to apply this to making rules for sets I intend to sell. This so I can justify it for more than just my happy little fun because, I must pay for all the books I keep buying, and the money comes from the games I sell. That money also pays for me traveling more to share gaming. Gaming has always been so much a way of life, the way doctors , lawyers, businessmen and politicians make deals PLAYING golf. (golf is an OLD game) people played games to relax and hang out and to talk politics or business deals then aswell. I researched how to make period golf balls wet leather ball not fully sawed up stuffed with wet feathers as full as you can get it. sew it up and let it dry the leather shrinks as it dries and the feathers expand that puppy is hard as a rock. any way I see a rabbit with a watch running by I must chase him he says he is late.
But wait there is more.....

I am also working on a game board for His Majesty for his Japanese chess set.

And physiography-ing dice for dice chess. I wonder if Daffyd would like to make then? then I can sell them. and I or he can make 10 for the dice chess at Courtiers tournament? hmmmm.

I should see if I can install Dyslexia font on here.

This is how I work in so many directions at once. I bounce from thing to thing. I do come back around to the beginning and some people are better about bringing me back to the point they wanted me on. O bounce from project to project at home because I get board or tiered of that subject and need a break. the husband has seen me do dishes, play a video game, and paint a scroll, all in a circle. set dishes to soak play a round of game, paint for 10 mins or so, then wash the loads of dishes, set new batch to soak. Remember to switch laundry. replete.

Some people think it is ADHD but it is not traditional ADHD Because stimulants don’t calm me down. My mind does race with a lot of things, going on all at once though. Getting my mind to stop is nigh impossible. I make lists in order to try and put things to rest on the page instead of in my head and sometimes that works. However, I build and deconstruct every project in my head a hundred times before I put tool to material. I practice brush strokes in my head, I practice glass handling to get my glass to do what I want in my head. I am telling you all this so that those in the same boat know they are not alone.

Now where did that rabbit go? Maybe I should get him carrots?
Carrots sound good for dinner. Oh! I should eat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ludus duodecim scriptorum & duodecim scripta,

Daldos

Daldos